Apple and HTC settle patent disputes, sign 10-year cross-licensing deal
The battle has been hot and heavy since March 2010, but the legal swords have apparently been beaten into touch-sensitive plowshares and Retina pruning-hooks. On Saturday, Apple and HTC announced that both companies have reached a settlement agreement to cover all outstanding lawsuits. The agreement also includes a decade-long patent licensing deal to cover current and future patents.
The terms of the deal are confidential, but The Verge quotes an HTC spokesperson saying that the settlement will not have "an adverse material effect" on the Taiwan-based manufacturer's financial results.
[hat tip Engadget]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync