Apple and HTC settle patent disputes, sign 10-year cross-licensing deal
The battle has been hot and heavy since March 2010, but the legal swords have apparently been beaten into touch-sensitive plowshares and Retina pruning-hooks. On Saturday, Apple and HTC announced that both companies have reached a settlement agreement to cover all outstanding lawsuits. The agreement also includes a decade-long patent licensing deal to cover current and future patents.
The terms of the deal are confidential, but The Verge quotes an HTC spokesperson saying that the settlement will not have "an adverse material effect" on the Taiwan-based manufacturer's financial results.
[hat tip Engadget]
The battle has been hot and heavy since March 2010, but the legal swords have apparently been beaten into touch-sensitive plowshares...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates