Apple and HTC settle patent disputes, sign 10-year cross-licensing deal
The battle has been hot and heavy since March 2010, but the legal swords have apparently been beaten into touch-sensitive plowshares and Retina pruning-hooks. On Saturday, Apple and HTC announced that both companies have reached a settlement agreement to cover all outstanding lawsuits. The agreement also includes a decade-long patent licensing deal to cover current and future patents.
The terms of the deal are confidential, but The Verge quotes an HTC spokesperson saying that the settlement will not have "an adverse material effect" on the Taiwan-based manufacturer's financial results.
[hat tip Engadget]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter