Box makes a deal to add more global servers
I find it a little hard to believe that until now, Box (formerly Box.net) didn't have any servers running outside the US. But apparently that was the case, as the company has just made a deal with Equinix to host six data centers around the world, including places such as Amsterdam, Sydney and Tokyo.
Putting new servers up in those countries should help Box users. Equinix says it will boost performance up to 60 percent in some places. Given how big Box has become, the company just expanded free storage for its users again, I'm surprised there wasn't a plan in place. But the deal's been made, so if you're an international Box user, go ahead and benefit from it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync