Box makes a deal to add more global servers
I find it a little hard to believe that until now, Box (formerly Box.net) didn't have any servers running outside the US. But apparently that was the case, as the company has just made a deal with Equinix to host six data centers around the world, including places such as Amsterdam, Sydney and Tokyo.
Putting new servers up in those countries should help Box users. Equinix says it will boost performance up to 60 percent in some places. Given how big Box has become, the company just expanded free storage for its users again, I'm surprised there wasn't a plan in place. But the deal's been made, so if you're an international Box user, go ahead and benefit from it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service