iPhone 5 ship times improve from online Apple Store
If the three- to four-week wait time for a new iPhone 5 has kept you from placing your order, you'll be happy to know that some progress is being made. TechCrunch noticed that as of today, the wait time has been cut down to two to three weeks. OK, it's not much, but at least it's something!
Just last week, Foxconn Chairman Terry Gou spoke about the manufacturer's struggle to meet the massive demand for Apple's new smartphone. In fact, he made it sound like producing the allegedly difficult-to-assemble iPhone 5 was a losing battle. Though now it appears that supplies are beginning to meet demand a tad quicker, the day when Apple can boast the new iPhone as "in stock" is likely still a ways off.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration