Lose It! announces a premium service
Lose It! is one of the most popular calorie-counting/weight loss apps on the App Store. It arrived back in the early days of iOS, but consistent updates and a big user base have kept it high up on the charts for a long time. And today, the app's developers, FitNow, have announced that they're expanding the app's functionality and introducing a premium subscription service for Lose It! users.
As you'd expect, everything currently available in the app will remain free. But the premium service will add more functionality, including the ability to track things like sleep, nutrients and more. The service also features tie-ins with other popular health and fitness apps and the ability to create groups and challenges for the app's social circles.
The subscription will be available for US$39.99 a year, though there's currently a launch special price of just $29.99. And FitNow says it's not a recurring subscription, so users will have the option every year to decide whether they want to renew, or just let the service end. Lose It! is a very popular and exceptional way to track your health and weight on iOS, and it'll be interesting to see how this new option does for them among their already substantial user base.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter