1Password 4 simplifies security
If you're a digital security junkie -- and you really should be -- you're probably already familiar with developer AgileBits and its 1Password app. With versions available for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android, the app is one of the more popular all-in-one security options for users who need to store everything from software keys to credit card numbers. The latest version, 1Password 4, is approaching launch, and iMore went hands-on with the unreleased app to get a closer look.
Unlike the current version of 1Password for iPhone and iPad, 1Password 4 simplifies the login process, requiring just one master password in order to browse your digital secrets. Things like logins, credit card info, random passwords, bank accounts, and software keys are organized into categories, and often-used items can be tagged as favorites so you see them right away.
You can also organize items into folders based on any criteria you want, and add custom names accordingly. And if you're having a hard time finding something you added previously, there's a handy search function built right in.
Cloud storage devotees will be pleased to know that the new app includes iCloud and Dropbox support, and both can now be used simultaneously. AgileBits hasn't yet announced a release date for its revamped security suite, but given how far along the app appears to be, we'd expect it sooner rather than later.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options