Apple banning games with "memory" in the name from App Store
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and puzzle manufacturer claims to hold a trademark on the term in over 40 countries. Ravensburger makes a popular line of games called "Memory" with international recognition. In fact, the group claims that 91 percent of Germans are familiar with Memory, the game.
Apple has not issued a comment, though Gamasutra claims that iOS developers whose games include the term "memory" and are internationally distributed have received notice to make a name change. If you're on that list, let us know in the comments.
[Via The Register]
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free