Apple banning games with "memory" in the name from App Store
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and puzzle manufacturer claims to hold a trademark on the term in over 40 countries. Ravensburger makes a popular line of games called "Memory" with international recognition. In fact, the group claims that 91 percent of Germans are familiar with Memory, the game.
Apple has not issued a comment, though Gamasutra claims that iOS developers whose games include the term "memory" and are internationally distributed have received notice to make a name change. If you're on that list, let us know in the comments.
[Via The Register]
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update