Apple banning games with "memory" in the name from App Store
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and puzzle manufacturer claims to hold a trademark on the term in over 40 countries. Ravensburger makes a popular line of games called "Memory" with international recognition. In fact, the group claims that 91 percent of Germans are familiar with Memory, the game.
Apple has not issued a comment, though Gamasutra claims that iOS developers whose games include the term "memory" and are internationally distributed have received notice to make a name change. If you're on that list, let us know in the comments.
[Via The Register]
Game maker Ravensburger is reportedly putting pressure on Apple regarding iOS games with "Memory" in the title. The German game and...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs