Apple Maps finally gets turn-by-turn navigation in Australia
According to a report in 9to5 Mac (confirmed by Australian Twitter user Beau Giles), turn-by-turn navigation in Apple maps is now live in the land down under. Unlike the US and UK, which launched with turn-by-turn, Australia did not have turn-by-turn navigation when iOS 6 was released earlier this year.
Then iOS head Scott Forstall told an Australian customer in September that Apple needed "to make sure our data is exceptional and qualified before turning on turn-by-turn." Apple's Map availability website showed that turn-by-turn was originally slated to debut in October, but that launch was unexpectedly pushed back to November. Judging from the reports coming out of Twitter, this latest launch date was accurate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox updates to support PDF annotations and better integration with iWork
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents