Apple Maps finally gets turn-by-turn navigation in Australia
According to a report in 9to5 Mac (confirmed by Australian Twitter user Beau Giles), turn-by-turn navigation in Apple maps is now live in the land down under. Unlike the US and UK, which launched with turn-by-turn, Australia did not have turn-by-turn navigation when iOS 6 was released earlier this year.
Then iOS head Scott Forstall told an Australian customer in September that Apple needed "to make sure our data is exceptional and qualified before turning on turn-by-turn." Apple's Map availability website showed that turn-by-turn was originally slated to debut in October, but that launch was unexpectedly pushed back to November. Judging from the reports coming out of Twitter, this latest launch date was accurate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs