Apple Maps finally gets turn-by-turn navigation in Australia
According to a report in 9to5 Mac (confirmed by Australian Twitter user Beau Giles), turn-by-turn navigation in Apple maps is now live in the land down under. Unlike the US and UK, which launched with turn-by-turn, Australia did not have turn-by-turn navigation when iOS 6 was released earlier this year.
Then iOS head Scott Forstall told an Australian customer in September that Apple needed "to make sure our data is exceptional and qualified before turning on turn-by-turn." Apple's Map availability website showed that turn-by-turn was originally slated to debut in October, but that launch was unexpectedly pushed back to November. Judging from the reports coming out of Twitter, this latest launch date was accurate.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service