New iMacs rumored to be delayed until next year
A rumor from French website MacBidouille claims Apple's new iMac models won't start shipping until early 2013. Apple has allegedly run into manufacturing problems with the all-in-one Mac and won't meet its target shipping dates of November for the 21-inch model and December for the 27-inch model.
Tim Cook hinted at these production problems during Apple's recent earnings conference call when he said that supplies of the new iMac "will be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way." MacBidouille suggests manufacturing is slowed because of the complex welding required for the iMac's extremely thin aluminum frame.
The new iMac is significantly thinner than previous iMac models and features a new laminated display technology that eliminates most screen glare.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs