New iMacs rumored to be delayed until next year
A rumor from French website MacBidouille claims Apple's new iMac models won't start shipping until early 2013. Apple has allegedly run into manufacturing problems with the all-in-one Mac and won't meet its target shipping dates of November for the 21-inch model and December for the 27-inch model.
Tim Cook hinted at these production problems during Apple's recent earnings conference call when he said that supplies of the new iMac "will be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way." MacBidouille suggests manufacturing is slowed because of the complex welding required for the iMac's extremely thin aluminum frame.
The new iMac is significantly thinner than previous iMac models and features a new laminated display technology that eliminates most screen glare.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free