New iMacs rumored to be delayed until next year
A rumor from French website MacBidouille claims Apple's new iMac models won't start shipping until early 2013. Apple has allegedly run into manufacturing problems with the all-in-one Mac and won't meet its target shipping dates of November for the 21-inch model and December for the 27-inch model.
Tim Cook hinted at these production problems during Apple's recent earnings conference call when he said that supplies of the new iMac "will be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way." MacBidouille suggests manufacturing is slowed because of the complex welding required for the iMac's extremely thin aluminum frame.
The new iMac is significantly thinner than previous iMac models and features a new laminated display technology that eliminates most screen glare.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time