Facebook app updated with new sharing, tagging and emoji features
The Facebook app for iOS has received a slew of welcome features in its latest update, version 5.2. The biggest change is the new Share button, which the website has had for a while. Now users can share a friend's photos, links or videos on their or another friend's wall with just a tap.
Tagging has also been improved. Now you can tag your friends in any photo, post, or comment. Finally, the update bring the ability to use smilies, hearts, and other emoji symbols in messages.
Mark Zuckerberg has said that mobile is the future for Facebook, and the latest update shows that the company is busy bringing all its web-based features to their iOS app. I would love to see the "Translate" feature make its way from web to mobile next. Let us know in the comments what Facebook features you hope to see in the app soon.
Facebook is a free download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs