iPads in the classroom reinvigorate teachers
We often hear about the iPad's impact on students and their academic achievement, but a new article in Edudemic also discusses the effect iPads are having on teachers. The report comes from Fred Sitkins, principal of Boyne City Elementary School in Boyne City, Mich., who writes "I've never observed anything else that has had the impact on teacher personal learning like the introduction of the iPad."
Teachers are invigorated by this new learning tool in their classroom and are changing their teaching style as a result of this technology. Rather than pushing rote knowledge, teachers are becoming "facilitators of student learning." They are helping their students learn how to process information, not just memorize it, and they are increasing their own skills as well. "I've observed the collective knowledge base of our teachers grow at a rate that far exceeds any other period of time in my 13 years at this school," writes Sitkins.
We often hear about the iPad's impact on students and their academic achievement, but a new article in Edudemic also discusses the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free