iPads in the classroom reinvigorate teachers
We often hear about the iPad's impact on students and their academic achievement, but a new article in Edudemic also discusses the effect iPads are having on teachers. The report comes from Fred Sitkins, principal of Boyne City Elementary School in Boyne City, Mich., who writes "I've never observed anything else that has had the impact on teacher personal learning like the introduction of the iPad."
Teachers are invigorated by this new learning tool in their classroom and are changing their teaching style as a result of this technology. Rather than pushing rote knowledge, teachers are becoming "facilitators of student learning." They are helping their students learn how to process information, not just memorize it, and they are increasing their own skills as well. "I've observed the collective knowledge base of our teachers grow at a rate that far exceeds any other period of time in my 13 years at this school," writes Sitkins.
We often hear about the iPad's impact on students and their academic achievement, but a new article in Edudemic also discusses the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs