Nintendo launches first paid iOS app
Cling tenaciously to your Pokémon cards, because this may come as a shock. Nintendo has launched a paid iOS app. The game is Pokédex, a DS title that was originally released in Japan and serves as an encyclopedia of Pokémon characters.
As Ars Technica notes, don't read too much into this release. A "glorified wikipedia" of Pokémon characters is one thing, and a full-on game is another. The franchise still sells very well on the DS, so players eager to catch 'em all won't be able to do so with their iPhones just yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options