Nintendo launches first paid iOS app
Cling tenaciously to your Pokémon cards, because this may come as a shock. Nintendo has launched a paid iOS app. The game is Pokédex, a DS title that was originally released in Japan and serves as an encyclopedia of Pokémon characters.
As Ars Technica notes, don't read too much into this release. A "glorified wikipedia" of Pokémon characters is one thing, and a full-on game is another. The franchise still sells very well on the DS, so players eager to catch 'em all won't be able to do so with their iPhones just yet.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter