Nintendo launches first paid iOS app
Cling tenaciously to your Pokémon cards, because this may come as a shock. Nintendo has launched a paid iOS app. The game is Pokédex, a DS title that was originally released in Japan and serves as an encyclopedia of Pokémon characters.
As Ars Technica notes, don't read too much into this release. A "glorified wikipedia" of Pokémon characters is one thing, and a full-on game is another. The franchise still sells very well on the DS, so players eager to catch 'em all won't be able to do so with their iPhones just yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV