Nintendo launches first paid iOS app
Cling tenaciously to your Pokémon cards, because this may come as a shock. Nintendo has launched a paid iOS app. The game is Pokédex, a DS title that was originally released in Japan and serves as an encyclopedia of Pokémon characters.
As Ars Technica notes, don't read too much into this release. A "glorified wikipedia" of Pokémon characters is one thing, and a full-on game is another. The franchise still sells very well on the DS, so players eager to catch 'em all won't be able to do so with their iPhones just yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free