Nintendo launches first paid iOS app
Cling tenaciously to your Pokémon cards, because this may come as a shock. Nintendo has launched a paid iOS app. The game is Pokédex, a DS title that was originally released in Japan and serves as an encyclopedia of Pokémon characters.
As Ars Technica notes, don't read too much into this release. A "glorified wikipedia" of Pokémon characters is one thing, and a full-on game is another. The franchise still sells very well on the DS, so players eager to catch 'em all won't be able to do so with their iPhones just yet.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time