Blockbuster Video launches an iPad magazine
They must be pretty far down the idea list over at Blockbuster Video, because this one suddenly appeared out of left field. The video rental chain has released, of all things, an iPad-based digital magazine.
Blockbuster Magazine, available through Newsstand, is a free publication featuring trailers, interviews and other content about new and upcoming movies -- specifically targeted at what Blockbuster has for rent. It does look like Blockbuster did a nice job on it, but does a digital magazine on your iPad really encourage you to go out and rent videos? We wonder.
Blockbuster's been shrinking lately, as increased options for digitally downloaded movies and TV shows have made renting physical videos less interesting, especially for us well-connected Apple users. Considering all of that, maybe this is Blockbuster's attempt to grab us back. It seems doubtful, however, that a move like this will be the key turnaround that the rental chain has been looking for. Better keep going down that list, guys.
[via App Advice]
They must be pretty far down the idea list over at Blockbuster Video, because this one suddenly appeared out of left field. The video...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station