Innovative Automation targets iCloud in patent lawsuit
In the always exciting world of patent infringement claims, Apple's iCloud is under attack. The Mac Observer reports that Innovative Automation, a company specializing in automated manufacturing solutions, is waging a patent war at Cupertino for allegedly infringing on a pair of patents for "Method and System for Supplying Products from Pre-Stored Digital Data in Response to Demands Transmitted via Computer Network."
The company is seeking an unspecified figure in damages for what it considers "willful and deliberate" violation of its patents. Rather than filing the suit in California, Innovative Automation chose the Eastern District of Texas as its legal battleground, and reportedly hopes for a jury trial. Apple isn't the only company in Innovative Automation's crosshairs, and the company is alleging that Amazon is also guilty of similar infringement.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync