Innovative Automation targets iCloud in patent lawsuit
In the always exciting world of patent infringement claims, Apple's iCloud is under attack. The Mac Observer reports that Innovative Automation, a company specializing in automated manufacturing solutions, is waging a patent war at Cupertino for allegedly infringing on a pair of patents for "Method and System for Supplying Products from Pre-Stored Digital Data in Response to Demands Transmitted via Computer Network."
The company is seeking an unspecified figure in damages for what it considers "willful and deliberate" violation of its patents. Rather than filing the suit in California, Innovative Automation chose the Eastern District of Texas as its legal battleground, and reportedly hopes for a jury trial. Apple isn't the only company in Innovative Automation's crosshairs, and the company is alleging that Amazon is also guilty of similar infringement.
Apple is on the defense against patent claims yet again.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates