iOS App Store to reach 1 million submitted apps milestone
An unofficial count from AppsFire, an app discovery and promotion platform, suggests the iOS App Store is about to accept its 1 millionth app submission, according to a report in The Next Web. The company broke down the app submissions since 2008 and found that 49 percent (493,289) were paid apps and almost 16 percent (158,848) were games. These figures include only the iOS App Store.
Apple announced during its September iPhone 5 event that the App Store has 700,000 live apps. This figure is much lower than the 1 million submissions claimed by AppsFire, but many of these missing apps could be apps that were submitted to the App Store, but not approved by Apple. Another chunk could be apps that were pulled from the App Store by the developer or Apple.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free