New iMacs not delayed after all
All of the iMac fans who were dismayed by the thought of not having a new 21.5-inch or 27-inch skinny iMac under the Christmas tree this year can rejoice -- according to sources close to 9to5Mac, the smaller iMacs are already being shipped to distribution points around the US and the big-screen model is on track for December delivery.
The report was corroborated by AllThingsD's John Paczkowski, who received word from his sources that the newly redesigned all-in-one Macs will be right on schedule. At this point, however, Apple's iMac page still isn't taking pre-orders for the slimmed-down desktop.
As soon as that page begins taking orders, those in the market for a new iMac should jump on the chance, as supplies of the new devices are expected to be constrained.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter