New iMacs not delayed after all
All of the iMac fans who were dismayed by the thought of not having a new 21.5-inch or 27-inch skinny iMac under the Christmas tree this year can rejoice -- according to sources close to 9to5Mac, the smaller iMacs are already being shipped to distribution points around the US and the big-screen model is on track for December delivery.
The report was corroborated by AllThingsD's John Paczkowski, who received word from his sources that the newly redesigned all-in-one Macs will be right on schedule. At this point, however, Apple's iMac page still isn't taking pre-orders for the slimmed-down desktop.
As soon as that page begins taking orders, those in the market for a new iMac should jump on the chance, as supplies of the new devices are expected to be constrained.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs