New iMacs not delayed after all
All of the iMac fans who were dismayed by the thought of not having a new 21.5-inch or 27-inch skinny iMac under the Christmas tree this year can rejoice -- according to sources close to 9to5Mac, the smaller iMacs are already being shipped to distribution points around the US and the big-screen model is on track for December delivery.
The report was corroborated by AllThingsD's John Paczkowski, who received word from his sources that the newly redesigned all-in-one Macs will be right on schedule. At this point, however, Apple's iMac page still isn't taking pre-orders for the slimmed-down desktop.
As soon as that page begins taking orders, those in the market for a new iMac should jump on the chance, as supplies of the new devices are expected to be constrained.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free