Puffin browser gets faster Flash support, virtual gamepad
Third-party browsers for iOS have carved a niche in the App Store, and there are dozens of options claiming to be the best. The Puffin Web Browser is one of the more popular choices, and a new update adds even more features. Among them are a faster, smoother Flash engine and a nifty onscreen game pad for playing web games.
Flash on an iOS web browser is always a big deal, and Puffin's newly revamped functionality works extremely well for pre-recorded video content and streaming. The ability to map the arrow keys to the virtual gamepad is also a really slick new addition, and if your favorite web game doesn't have an iOS app counterpart, playing via the browser is a suitable substitute.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free