Puffin browser gets faster Flash support, virtual gamepad
Third-party browsers for iOS have carved a niche in the App Store, and there are dozens of options claiming to be the best. The Puffin Web Browser is one of the more popular choices, and a new update adds even more features. Among them are a faster, smoother Flash engine and a nifty onscreen game pad for playing web games.
Flash on an iOS web browser is always a big deal, and Puffin's newly revamped functionality works extremely well for pre-recorded video content and streaming. The ability to map the arrow keys to the virtual gamepad is also a really slick new addition, and if your favorite web game doesn't have an iOS app counterpart, playing via the browser is a suitable substitute.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time