HTC 'happy' with Apple settlement
HTC chief executive Peter Chou told Reuters that his company is "happy" with its recent settlement with Apple. He also noted that press suggestions that HTC will pay Apple between $6 and $8 per phone sold as part of a licensing agreement is "outrageous."
"I think that these estimates are baseless and very, very wrong," Chou told Reuters. "[The popular estimate] is a outrageous number, but I'm not going to comment anything on a specific number. I believe we have a very, very happy settlement and a good ending."
Of course, details on the actual arrangement between Apple and HTC were not revealed.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter