HTC 'happy' with Apple settlement
HTC chief executive Peter Chou told Reuters that his company is "happy" with its recent settlement with Apple. He also noted that press suggestions that HTC will pay Apple between $6 and $8 per phone sold as part of a licensing agreement is "outrageous."
"I think that these estimates are baseless and very, very wrong," Chou told Reuters. "[The popular estimate] is a outrageous number, but I'm not going to comment anything on a specific number. I believe we have a very, very happy settlement and a good ending."
Of course, details on the actual arrangement between Apple and HTC were not revealed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature