Plex releases Media Server v0.9.7.3 with new Plex/Web client
The latest update to Plex Media Server allows access to the new Web client, which is pretty sweet. It lets you access your content from anywhere in the world using a fairly recent browser and it works great on Chrome and Safari. Navigation is smooth and quick, and the in-browser media player works well. It's also easy to correct issues with your library from the web client, a bit easier than on the desktop I find.
I've been using the Plex iOS app for the better part of a year, and it's been great on my iPhone and iPad. It's nice to have this on the MacBook Pro and not have to use the full Plex client in order to view my media away from home.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs