Plex releases Media Server v0.9.7.3 with new Plex/Web client
The latest update to Plex Media Server allows access to the new Web client, which is pretty sweet. It lets you access your content from anywhere in the world using a fairly recent browser and it works great on Chrome and Safari. Navigation is smooth and quick, and the in-browser media player works well. It's also easy to correct issues with your library from the web client, a bit easier than on the desktop I find.
I've been using the Plex iOS app for the better part of a year, and it's been great on my iPhone and iPad. It's nice to have this on the MacBook Pro and not have to use the full Plex client in order to view my media away from home.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)