Plex releases Media Server v0.9.7.3 with new Plex/Web client
The latest update to Plex Media Server allows access to the new Web client, which is pretty sweet. It lets you access your content from anywhere in the world using a fairly recent browser and it works great on Chrome and Safari. Navigation is smooth and quick, and the in-browser media player works well. It's also easy to correct issues with your library from the web client, a bit easier than on the desktop I find.
I've been using the Plex iOS app for the better part of a year, and it's been great on my iPhone and iPad. It's nice to have this on the MacBook Pro and not have to use the full Plex client in order to view my media away from home.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync