GateGuru gets an update for holiday travel
GateGuru has updated the popular travel app to version 3 today, just in time (almost) for Thanksgiving travelers.
The app started as a guide to airports, with information on gates, maps of the concourses and even reviews of the shops and restaurants. Now the app has the ability to reserve rental cars at reduced rates, improved flight status and push notifications, and flights can be added up to a year before you depart.
The GUI has been updated as well. It looks like a solid update, but it has generated some knocks from users because you have to specify your flights before you can see all the details of airports. I think these are valid criticisms. You may well want some of that treasure trove of information without having a specific trip set up. Of course you can always fake it, but it seems a roundabout method. I'll bet that "feature" will change back to the prior way of doing things rather quickly.
Still, GateGuru is a very worthwhile app, and if you're stuck at the airport now or on the way, check your phone for the update or get it from the app store if you don't have it already.
The app requires iOS 6 or later, and it's optimized for the iPhone 5.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements