Peter Molyneux looks to crowdfunding for 'Godus' on iOS
The creator of 1989's seminal "God game," Populous, is returning to the genre on iOS with a new title called Godus. Peter Molyneux and his recently formed indie software house 22 Cans announced the game today by launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund its development. iOS gamers will know 22 Cans as the creator of Curiosity, the massively multiplayer collaborative title we picked as our Daily iPhone App on November 6.
Godus will deliver "exciting global co-operation, competition, creation and destruction to a whole new generation," according to its developer. In it, you'll work to build a civilization that worships you and lead them into war against other gods and their followers.
22 Cans is looking to raise £450,000 (US$616,953) in order to complete Godus in the next nine months. Some of the Kickstarter rewards available to backers include a piece of titanium jewelry emblazoned with the game's logo and beset with an actual diamond and an all expenses paid trip to E3 2013 as a guest of Molyneux himself.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)