Barclays orders 8,500 iPads for massive corporate rollout
The Channel, part of the UK's Register, reports that Barclays Bank has ordered 8,500 iPads in what is believed to be one of the largest corporate deployments of the device in the UK.
Barclays told The Channel that they went with the iPad because of staff demand. Among the apps the bank plans to use is Mortgage Brain, which is geared for brokers to help with the initial stages of the mortgage process.
The iPads were purchased through Insight UK.
[via The Next Web]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter