Barclays orders 8,500 iPads for massive corporate rollout
The Channel, part of the UK's Register, reports that Barclays Bank has ordered 8,500 iPads in what is believed to be one of the largest corporate deployments of the device in the UK.
Barclays told The Channel that they went with the iPad because of staff demand. Among the apps the bank plans to use is Mortgage Brain, which is geared for brokers to help with the initial stages of the mortgage process.
The iPads were purchased through Insight UK.
[via The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app