Dropcam adds splitscreen support to iPad app
Dropcam is known for its simple-to-setup and easy-to-use WiFi video monitoring cameras. The Dropcam HD camera sends out an impressive 720P HD video feed and is reasonably priced. The security camera ships with a companion iOS app that was recently updated with support for the iPad and multiple Dropcam HD cameras.
With this latest Dropcam update, you can essentially turn your Apple tablet into a mobile surveillance station. You can install Dropcam cameras throughout your house or office and use your iPad to view video from all the locations at the same time. You can view up to four surveillance feeds at once on a single page and swipe to the next page to see more.
Besides monitoring, the app also lets you grab snapshots from the video feed and even record live video, both of which are saved to your iPad photo gallery. If you subscribe to the DVR option, you can watch your recordings on your iPad. The new app lets you scroll through the video and glance at thumbnails that mark when motion and audio were detected.
The Dropcam app is available for free, and the Dropcam HD cameras cost $149 each.
[Via Tech Crunch]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free