Dropcam adds splitscreen support to iPad app
Dropcam is known for its simple-to-setup and easy-to-use WiFi video monitoring cameras. The Dropcam HD camera sends out an impressive 720P HD video feed and is reasonably priced. The security camera ships with a companion iOS app that was recently updated with support for the iPad and multiple Dropcam HD cameras.
With this latest Dropcam update, you can essentially turn your Apple tablet into a mobile surveillance station. You can install Dropcam cameras throughout your house or office and use your iPad to view video from all the locations at the same time. You can view up to four surveillance feeds at once on a single page and swipe to the next page to see more.
Besides monitoring, the app also lets you grab snapshots from the video feed and even record live video, both of which are saved to your iPad photo gallery. If you subscribe to the DVR option, you can watch your recordings on your iPad. The new app lets you scroll through the video and glance at thumbnails that mark when motion and audio were detected.
The Dropcam app is available for free, and the Dropcam HD cameras cost $149 each.
[Via Tech Crunch]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs