Avatron launches ad-supported Air Display Free app
We've been fans of Avatron's Air Display for quite awhile. The iOS app lets you turn your iPhone or iPad into an additional monitor for your Apple desktop or notebook -- a productivity guru's dream come true. However, the app's US$9.99 price might have prevented would-be customers from jumping on board, because they're never seen it in action. Air Display Free changes that by offering a no-cost, ad-supported experience to show potential buyers how it works.
The free version also includes a handy introduction tutorial that lays out the benefits of using your iOS device as a second (or third) monitor. The ads pop up every few minutes at first, but after several hours of use, an ad will remain on a small portion of the screen until either the app is upgraded to the paid version or the connection to your computer is closed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature