Google Voice app updated for iOS 6, iPhone 5
Two months after the release of iOS 6 and the iPhone 5, Google has issued an update for Google Voice to bring full support for both to the popular VoIP app. While it was usable on iOS 6 prior to today, and ran bordered on the latest iPhone, Google Voice now makes use of the iPhone 5's full 4-inch display.
Version 1.4.3 of the app also contains unspecified bug fixes and performance boosts, so while iPhone 5 owners will obviously see the biggest benefits, iPad and iPod touch users will still have reason to update. Users of legacy devices will want to note, however, that the new version requires iOS 4.3 or higher in order to run.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service