iPhone 5 shipping estimates drop to 1 week
Good news for customers, investors, and Apple: iPhone 5 shipping estimates have just dropped to one week in Asia Pacific markets. That's the shortest shipping estimate since the iPhone 5 went on sale back in September.
The shorter shipping time means production of the iPhone 5 is ramping up significantly to meet demand -- something all-important if the company wants to have enough iPhones to sell during the holiday shopping season.
Though at the time of this writing the iPhone 5 was still showing two-week shipping times in other markets, that should change within a matter of hours to reflect the new shipping time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs