Apple products top Bing's 2012 top search list
Microsoft has just revealed Bing's top search terms for 2012, and while the company's own products only make a couple of appearances, Apple dominates the list with five of the top 10 keywords. Unsurprisingly, iPhone 5 tops the list, followed closely by iPad in second place.
The "iPad 3" pops up in the number five spot, followed by the iPod touch and then the iPhone 4S in the number nine slot. Microsoft's own Xbox ranks number seven, with Windows 8 clinging to the top 10 list in the very last spot. You can check out the full list of Bing's 2012 top consumer electronics search terms below.
- iPhone 5
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- iPad 3
- iPod Touch
- PlayStation 3
- iPhone 4S
- Windows 8
Interestingly, the iPhone 5 also makes an appearance in the news topic section as well. The iPhone 5 announcement ranks as the top searched news story of the year, beating out the 2012 Elections, 2012 Olympics, Facebook IPO and even Hurricane Sandy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV