Apple products top Bing's 2012 top search list
Microsoft has just revealed Bing's top search terms for 2012, and while the company's own products only make a couple of appearances, Apple dominates the list with five of the top 10 keywords. Unsurprisingly, iPhone 5 tops the list, followed closely by iPad in second place.
The "iPad 3" pops up in the number five spot, followed by the iPod touch and then the iPhone 4S in the number nine slot. Microsoft's own Xbox ranks number seven, with Windows 8 clinging to the top 10 list in the very last spot. You can check out the full list of Bing's 2012 top consumer electronics search terms below.
- iPhone 5
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- iPad 3
- iPod Touch
- PlayStation 3
- iPhone 4S
- Windows 8
Interestingly, the iPhone 5 also makes an appearance in the news topic section as well. The iPhone 5 announcement ranks as the top searched news story of the year, beating out the 2012 Elections, 2012 Olympics, Facebook IPO and even Hurricane Sandy.
Apple reigns supreme on Microsoft's search engine.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free