Canadian Bell and Virgin Mobile will unlock iPhones for $75
According to documents obtained by Mobile Syrup, Bell and Virgin are now unlocking all versions of the iPhone for eligible customers. The policy allegedly went into effect on November 26 and requires you to pay US$75 to the carrier for the unlock. According to Mobile Syrup, customers must also own the iPhone outright, must not be on contract and must be a post-paid customer on Virgin Mobile or Bell Mobility. The unlock procedure requires you to call Bell's Credit & Prevention department or Virgin Care.
If you are a Virgin Mobile or Bell customer and can't unlock now, then you might want to wait for a few months as the leaked document suggests these eligibility guidelines will be expanded in 2013.
According to documents obtained by Mobile Syrup, Bell and Virgin are now unlocking all versions of the iPhone for eligible customers....
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update