500px brings its gallery app to iPhone
500px continues to grow in popularity as a photography sharing and discovery site, and today's release of its official iPhone app should only help that momentum. Previously available only on iPad, the free app brings the ability to browse 500px's galleries of often stunning user- and editor-curated photos to Apple's smaller devices, with support for the 4" screens of the iPhone 5 and latest-generation iPod touch.
While you can use the app to browse and rate images submitted by users and follow friends' updates, the app stops short of letting you upload your own photos from your device. That functionality still requires visiting the 500px website in a browser. Still, the standalone app is nevertheless a slick way to navigate the site's plethora of eye-popping imagery and keep up with your favorite photographers while on-the-go.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app