Need for Speed's Autolog app available now
EA and Activision both have been making a push lately for add-on iOS apps for their biggest console properties: Activision's been pushing a Call of Duty Elite app, and EA's got one related to Medal of Honor Warfare as well. And here comes EA again with another app dedicated to a big console franchise. The Need for Speed series of racing games has a stat-tracking system called Autolog, and there's now a dedicated iOS app to browse and follow up on stats and awards earned with that system.
By downloading the free app, you can browse through your friends lists and see what everyone is up to, check out your own profiles and see whatever stats or awards you've earned, hear about Need for Speed news, and even check out a map from the latest game, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, that's been all annotated with stat and other in-game information. It's pretty impressive: EA and the developers at Criterion have been building out the Autolog service quite a bit over the past few years, and this app provides a pretty direct line right into everything that the service is tracking.
Very cool indeed. I expect even more tie-in apps like this in the future -- online services like this are a big driver for these big publishers' console games lately, and releasing iOS apps is just one more way for big fans of the series to engage with the games and the franchises.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs