Etsy app now lets iPad users shop for trendy trinkets
If you're an iPad owner and have fallen down the craft-filled rabbit hole that is Etsy, you'll be happy to hear that the popular shopping site has launched a tablet-friendly universal version of its iOS app. More than merely a scaled-up version of the iPhone experience, the iPad app lets you browse handmade and vintage items using a magazine-like layout.
Etsy notes that the app no longer includes seller functionality, so those who run shops on the site will need to rely on Safari for accessing those features from here on out. Also, although the ability to buy and redeem gift cards has been added to the app for iPhone users, it's still in the works for iPad. Still, for shoppers the refined layout, editorial content and ease of access to things like friends' favorite items should be a boon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter