Etsy app now lets iPad users shop for trendy trinkets
If you're an iPad owner and have fallen down the craft-filled rabbit hole that is Etsy, you'll be happy to hear that the popular shopping site has launched a tablet-friendly universal version of its iOS app. More than merely a scaled-up version of the iPhone experience, the iPad app lets you browse handmade and vintage items using a magazine-like layout.
Etsy notes that the app no longer includes seller functionality, so those who run shops on the site will need to rely on Safari for accessing those features from here on out. Also, although the ability to buy and redeem gift cards has been added to the app for iPhone users, it's still in the works for iPad. Still, for shoppers the refined layout, editorial content and ease of access to things like friends' favorite items should be a boon.
If you're an iPad owner and have fallen down the craft-filled rabbit hole that is Etsy, you'll be happy to hear that the popular...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update