Etsy app now lets iPad users shop for trendy trinkets
If you're an iPad owner and have fallen down the craft-filled rabbit hole that is Etsy, you'll be happy to hear that the popular shopping site has launched a tablet-friendly universal version of its iOS app. More than merely a scaled-up version of the iPhone experience, the iPad app lets you browse handmade and vintage items using a magazine-like layout.
Etsy notes that the app no longer includes seller functionality, so those who run shops on the site will need to rely on Safari for accessing those features from here on out. Also, although the ability to buy and redeem gift cards has been added to the app for iPhone users, it's still in the works for iPad. Still, for shoppers the refined layout, editorial content and ease of access to things like friends' favorite items should be a boon.
If you're an iPad owner and have fallen down the craft-filled rabbit hole that is Etsy, you'll be happy to hear that the popular...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free