ComScore: Apple ousts LG as second most popular mobile phone maker
According to research firm ComScore's latest report, Apple has reached the #2 spot on the list of most popular mobile phone makers, taking the slot previously held by LG. iPhone users now account for 17.8% of the U.S. mobile market, while LG tags close behind at 17.6%. Samsung still leads all other manufacturers with 26.3% market share, up from 25.6% just three months prior.
Apple's iPhone 5 and Samsung's Galaxy S III are likely the two biggest factors in both company's recent gains. Motorola and HTC both rank below LG on the list, accounting for 11% and 6.4% of the market, respectively.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update