ComScore: Apple ousts LG as second most popular mobile phone maker
According to research firm ComScore's latest report, Apple has reached the #2 spot on the list of most popular mobile phone makers, taking the slot previously held by LG. iPhone users now account for 17.8% of the U.S. mobile market, while LG tags close behind at 17.6%. Samsung still leads all other manufacturers with 26.3% market share, up from 25.6% just three months prior.
Apple's iPhone 5 and Samsung's Galaxy S III are likely the two biggest factors in both company's recent gains. Motorola and HTC both rank below LG on the list, accounting for 11% and 6.4% of the market, respectively.
Apple climbs into second place for the first time.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs