ComScore: Apple ousts LG as second most popular mobile phone maker
According to research firm ComScore's latest report, Apple has reached the #2 spot on the list of most popular mobile phone makers, taking the slot previously held by LG. iPhone users now account for 17.8% of the U.S. mobile market, while LG tags close behind at 17.6%. Samsung still leads all other manufacturers with 26.3% market share, up from 25.6% just three months prior.
Apple's iPhone 5 and Samsung's Galaxy S III are likely the two biggest factors in both company's recent gains. Motorola and HTC both rank below LG on the list, accounting for 11% and 6.4% of the market, respectively.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options