Capital One Bank to accept iPhone check deposits
Joining the growing ranks of iPhone-friendly financial institutions, Capital One is now accepting business check deposits via a standalone iOS app. As TechCrunch reports, the app can't be simply downloaded and used; Capital One business clients must first email the Capital One Treasury Management department (firstname.lastname@example.org) and complete the sign-up process.
As one of the last major banks to offer such a service, Capital One's decision to launch a totally separate app rather than simply add the feature to its current offering is a bit of a head-scratcher. Still, I think "better late than never" applies in this case, and Capital One's business clients will surely be glad to see this new option hit the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter