China Unicom preorders for iPhone 5 top 100k on first day
China is going wild for the iPhone 5. According to a report by Sina Tech, China Unicom took over 100,000 pre-orders on the first day that it started accepting reservations for the phone. More than 5,000 orders allegedly flowed through Beijing Telecom, a local subsidiary of China Telecom, says a report in Sohu.
The iPhone is slated to land in China starting on December 14. Apple also plans to introduce the iPhone in more than 50 other countries in this month, making this launch one of the fastest iPhone rollouts in Apple's history.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app