China Unicom preorders for iPhone 5 top 100k on first day
China is going wild for the iPhone 5. According to a report by Sina Tech, China Unicom took over 100,000 pre-orders on the first day that it started accepting reservations for the phone. More than 5,000 orders allegedly flowed through Beijing Telecom, a local subsidiary of China Telecom, says a report in Sohu.
The iPhone is slated to land in China starting on December 14. Apple also plans to introduce the iPhone in more than 50 other countries in this month, making this launch one of the fastest iPhone rollouts in Apple's history.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter