iPad-native YouTube app arrives from Google
The departure of the Apple-bundled YouTube app in iOS 6 has riled up many unsuspecting upgraders, like my wife. "What do you mean, 'there's no more iPad YouTube app'?" she said, eyeing her recently-updated iPad.
The alternatives (using the iPhone-sized app, or sticking with the mobile web version) were unwelcome. For one thing, the video quality of the iPhone-sized videos did not hold up well when expanded to the full iPad screen size.
Those days of postage-stamp video are gone, however, as the iPad YouTube app was introduced today, supporting full-screen video that looks great. The new app, free in the App Store, is sporting the same refined look as the new Gmail 2.0 app. You can get more details about the app features on the YouTube blog.
The departure of the Apple-bundled YouTube app in iOS 6 has riled up many unsuspecting upgraders, like my wife. "What do you mean,...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free