Pudding Monsters is newest game from Cut the Rope creators ZeptoLab
ZeptoLab is a Russian developer most famous for creating the enormously popular Cut the Rope series on iOS, and today the company has announced a brand-new game, called Pudding Monsters. There's a quick teaser trailer down below, and while it doesn't yet show any real gameplay, you can probably guess what this new physics-based puzzler's about: Cute little monsters moving around a level towards a goal. According to ZeptoLab, the cute little creatures can be glooped together, and there will be different types with different abilities as well.
At any rate, we'll see the game when it arrives in just a few weeks, on December 20. It's worth noting that while Chillingo published the original Cut the Rope game, ZeptoLab has chosen not to go with Chillingo for this title (nor did it partner up with Chillingo for the Cut the Rope: Experiments spinoff, either). That's an interesting choice -- most developers we've heard from really appreciate Chillingo's support. For example, 11 Bit Studios is sticking with the publisher for a few different games.
But whatever the reason for its choice, ZeptoLab is going it alone on this one, and if the trailer below is any indication, the game will probably be just as cute as Cut the Rope (though the editor in me winces at the title of the video -- maybe ZeptoLab could use an extra English proofreader). And, ZeptoLab certainly hopes, it's just as popular.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync