Google improves local web search for iPad users in US
Google quietly added a new feature to local web searches on the iPad yesterday. According to our sister site Engadget, the new feature displays a virtual carousel displaying reviews and photos of local businesses appears. Users can swipe the carousel to see additional results, and tapping one of the image cards displays all sorts of information including a map.
The TUAW staff is wondering if this feature is being rolled out by region, as none of us were able to get the carousel to appear. The card, with its list of reviews and map, worked as described in the original Google post.
Let us know in the comments if that photo carousel is showing up for you.
Google quietly added a new feature to local web searches on the iPad yesterday. According to our sister site Engadget, the new feature...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle