Google improves local web search for iPad users in US
Google quietly added a new feature to local web searches on the iPad yesterday. According to our sister site Engadget, the new feature displays a virtual carousel displaying reviews and photos of local businesses appears. Users can swipe the carousel to see additional results, and tapping one of the image cards displays all sorts of information including a map.
The TUAW staff is wondering if this feature is being rolled out by region, as none of us were able to get the carousel to appear. The card, with its list of reviews and map, worked as described in the original Google post.
Let us know in the comments if that photo carousel is showing up for you.
Google quietly added a new feature to local web searches on the iPad yesterday. According to our sister site Engadget, the new feature...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free