China Unicom's iPhone 5 reservations hit 200,000
Just three days after they began, preorders for the iPhone 5 on China Unicom have doubled. On Tuesday we reported that the telecom company had received 100,000 preorders for Apple's latest smartphone and that number now stands at 200,000 according to a report by Sina Tech.
iPhone 5 launches in China on December 14. China Unicom will be offering the 16 GB model for 5,899 yuan (US$947), 32 GB model for 6,899 yuan ($1107) and 64 GB model for 7,899 yuan ($1268). The carrier charges its customers a large up-front deposit and then refunds the portion of it above the actual retail price of the phone over the course of a one, two or three-year contract.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter