Microsoft site references iOS versions of Office, Excel, PowerPoint
Microsoft was quick to deny a report from October that its Office suite is headed to iOS devices, but some information posted to the company's own website indicates otherwise. French Apple news blog Mac4Ever has found references to Office for iPhone, Excel for iPad and PowerPoint for iPad on official Microsoft product support pages.
On the French support pages for certain Office issues, the knowledge base articles are listed as being applicable to the aforementioned iOS apps. In other countries, however, they're correctly attributed to the proper desktop applications. So, while it appears that the posting of the references is a mistake, the very presence of these app names in Microsoft's product database lends more weight to reports that they are, in fact, on the way -- possibly as soon as next spring.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options