Skeuomorphic iPad app design
Love it or hate it, the skeuomorphic school of iPad app design is here to stay. Even though skeuomorphism proponent Scott Forstall is no longer with Apple, we don't expect to see the fad of replicating the look of analog devices in digital apps to pass anytime soon. Chris Spooner at Line 25 has come up with a gallery of apps that embrace skeuomorphism.
Of the 30 designs shown in Spooner's gallery, many are for synthesizers, drum machines and mixers. One that was particularly effective, in my opinion, was BizTome (US$0.99) from FireSnake Labs, which features a "leather-bound" notebook with aged and water-damaged pages.
What's your favorite in the gallery? Let us know in the comments.
Love it or hate it, the skeuomorphic school of iPad app design is here to stay. Even though skeuomorphism proponent Scott Forstall is...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements