Skeuomorphic iPad app design
Love it or hate it, the skeuomorphic school of iPad app design is here to stay. Even though skeuomorphism proponent Scott Forstall is no longer with Apple, we don't expect to see the fad of replicating the look of analog devices in digital apps to pass anytime soon. Chris Spooner at Line 25 has come up with a gallery of apps that embrace skeuomorphism.
Of the 30 designs shown in Spooner's gallery, many are for synthesizers, drum machines and mixers. One that was particularly effective, in my opinion, was BizTome (US$0.99) from FireSnake Labs, which features a "leather-bound" notebook with aged and water-damaged pages.
What's your favorite in the gallery? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync