Carcassonne for iOS getting Traders and Builders expansion, Lost Cities on sale
TheCodingMonkeys' Carcassonne is one of the most popular board game adaptations on the App Store. The company has carefully recreated the German classic with care and love. Two expansions have been released, The River and Inns and Cathedrals, and now TheCodingMonkeys have another ready to go, pending Apple's review.
The Traders and Builders expansion will add trade goods to the game, which reward players who complete a building, even if someone else has started it. Also, special pig and builder followers will provide additional bonuses to completed structures. The Traders and Builders expansion will be available as an in-app purchase for US$1.99.
While we're waiting for approval on that one (which should be quick -- Apple's app review times are dropping in advance of the holiday rush), TheCodingMonkeys has placed their other big board game adaptation, Lost Cities, on sale for just $1.99. It's not quite as great a game as Carcassonne (which is still priced up at $9.99), but still enjoyable, more than good for a few rounds of entertainment against the AI or another player. The company says it's only on sale until the expansion is released, so grab it quick if you want it at that price.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options