Find My iPhone updated with driving directions
Apple has released an update to the Find My iPhone app that allows users to track their lost or stolen iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac. The 2.0.1 update adds some UI tweaks to the button layout. Now the Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase buttons appear separately from the map view.
A bigger feature, however, is the new ability to quickly get driving directions to your lost device. Simply tap the green car icon on your device's item label in map view and you'll be taken to iOS 6's Maps where you will be shown pre-plotted driving directions from your current location to your device.
Then again, it is iOS 6 Maps, so you could get lost trying to find your lost device...
Find My iPhone is a free download (and still needs a more all-encompassing name).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free