Find My iPhone updated with driving directions
Apple has released an update to the Find My iPhone app that allows users to track their lost or stolen iPad, iPhone, iPod touch or Mac. The 2.0.1 update adds some UI tweaks to the button layout. Now the Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase buttons appear separately from the map view.
A bigger feature, however, is the new ability to quickly get driving directions to your lost device. Simply tap the green car icon on your device's item label in map view and you'll be taken to iOS 6's Maps where you will be shown pre-plotted driving directions from your current location to your device.
Then again, it is iOS 6 Maps, so you could get lost trying to find your lost device...
Find My iPhone is a free download (and still needs a more all-encompassing name).
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter