Yahoo Mail launches for iPhone
One week after Google released a sweeping redesign of its Gmail app for iOS, Yahoo has jumped on the native email app bandwagon by launching Yahoo Mail for iPhone. The release was timed to coincide with a massive revamp of Yahoo's web mail, which is intended to be far faster than before and present a consistent interface across all devices.
App Store reviews for the new app are positive so far, although the lack of a dedicated iPad release or universal version is definitely a major (and understandable) gripe. For now, tablet users will need to stick with the web version, which should be rolled out to all users within the next few days according to Yahoo.
Are you a Yahoo Mail user who's tried the new app? What do you think?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update