Yahoo Mail launches for iPhone
One week after Google released a sweeping redesign of its Gmail app for iOS, Yahoo has jumped on the native email app bandwagon by launching Yahoo Mail for iPhone. The release was timed to coincide with a massive revamp of Yahoo's web mail, which is intended to be far faster than before and present a consistent interface across all devices.
App Store reviews for the new app are positive so far, although the lack of a dedicated iPad release or universal version is definitely a major (and understandable) gripe. For now, tablet users will need to stick with the web version, which should be rolled out to all users within the next few days according to Yahoo.
Are you a Yahoo Mail user who's tried the new app? What do you think?
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client