Google's Eric Schmidt: Android is winning
While Google CEO Larry Page was reserved in his recent comments regarding the tech giant's relationship with Apple, Google's Eric Schmidt is more direct. Speaking with Bloomberg, the Google chairman and former CEO made it clear that the company believes it's winning the war against Cupertino.
"This is a huge platform change; this is of the scale of 20 years ago -- Microsoft versus Apple. We're winning that war pretty clearly now," he said, referring to the market-share battle between Android and iOS.
According to a recent report by the International Data Corporation, Apple holds roughly 19 percent of the smartphone landscape, while Android controls more than 68 percent.
When it comes to Android, Google is confident in its position.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free