Google's Eric Schmidt: Android is winning
While Google CEO Larry Page was reserved in his recent comments regarding the tech giant's relationship with Apple, Google's Eric Schmidt is more direct. Speaking with Bloomberg, the Google chairman and former CEO made it clear that the company believes it's winning the war against Cupertino.
"This is a huge platform change; this is of the scale of 20 years ago -- Microsoft versus Apple. We're winning that war pretty clearly now," he said, referring to the market-share battle between Android and iOS.
According to a recent report by the International Data Corporation, Apple holds roughly 19 percent of the smartphone landscape, while Android controls more than 68 percent.
When it comes to Android, Google is confident in its position.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time