Google's Eric Schmidt: Android is winning
While Google CEO Larry Page was reserved in his recent comments regarding the tech giant's relationship with Apple, Google's Eric Schmidt is more direct. Speaking with Bloomberg, the Google chairman and former CEO made it clear that the company believes it's winning the war against Cupertino.
"This is a huge platform change; this is of the scale of 20 years ago -- Microsoft versus Apple. We're winning that war pretty clearly now," he said, referring to the market-share battle between Android and iOS.
According to a recent report by the International Data Corporation, Apple holds roughly 19 percent of the smartphone landscape, while Android controls more than 68 percent.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)