Google's Eric Schmidt: Android is winning
While Google CEO Larry Page was reserved in his recent comments regarding the tech giant's relationship with Apple, Google's Eric Schmidt is more direct. Speaking with Bloomberg, the Google chairman and former CEO made it clear that the company believes it's winning the war against Cupertino.
"This is a huge platform change; this is of the scale of 20 years ago -- Microsoft versus Apple. We're winning that war pretty clearly now," he said, referring to the market-share battle between Android and iOS.
According to a recent report by the International Data Corporation, Apple holds roughly 19 percent of the smartphone landscape, while Android controls more than 68 percent.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter