Report: Google Maps for iOS could release tonight
After months of will-they-or-won't-they speculation, it appears that the debut of Google's own Maps app for iOS devices might finally be nigh. According to a report by AllThingsD, the search giant will launch Google Maps on the App Store sometime this evening. The outlet cites "sources familiar with the matter" for the revelatory news.
We've covered nearly every angle of the Google Maps saga since the launch of iOS 6 in September, from reports that it was "nearly ready" to concerns that it might never happen to our own take on the situation. As for this latest turn, well... we'll believe it when we
see can download it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows