Time Warner Cable's iOS app updated with on-demand video
Time Warner Cable subscribers now have access to on-demand programming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch thanks to a major update to the company's official iOS app. Now available on the App Store, version 3.0 of TWC TV also supports the iPhone 5's full display and is said to be faster and more stable than previous releases. Its live TV guide feature now includes a list of recently viewed channels, as well.
Streaming video is the big addition though, and includes about 4,000 titles from TWC's full on-demand lineup in addition to programming archives from premium channels for those who subscribe to them. Not all content is in HD, but TWC says it is working to transition more of its SD on-demand content to higher resolution in 2013.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options