Time Warner Cable's iOS app updated with on-demand video
Time Warner Cable subscribers now have access to on-demand programming on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch thanks to a major update to the company's official iOS app. Now available on the App Store, version 3.0 of TWC TV also supports the iPhone 5's full display and is said to be faster and more stable than previous releases. Its live TV guide feature now includes a list of recently viewed channels, as well.
Streaming video is the big addition though, and includes about 4,000 titles from TWC's full on-demand lineup in addition to programming archives from premium channels for those who subscribe to them. Not all content is in HD, but TWC says it is working to transition more of its SD on-demand content to higher resolution in 2013.
[Via The Verge]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features