Amazon Instant Video app updated to support to iPhone and iPod touch
iPhone and iPod touch users now have yet another streaming video option. Amazon has updated its free Amazon Instant Video app to a universal version that supports Apple's smaller mobile devices, after originally releasing an iPad-only version in August.
The app retains all of its previous functionality on iPhone and iPod touch, including the ability to watch Amazon Prime videos in addition to those purchased or rented through Amazon's site. It's still not possible to purchase or rent content through the app itself, however.
The app still lacks AirPlay support for video and does not offer video out over 30-pin or Lightning connectors, both features users have been clamoring for. Playback is not available over 3G/4G or LTE connections (WiFi-only), but users can download videos for later viewing.
iPhone and iPod touch users now have yet another streaming video option. Amazon has updated its free Amazon Instant Video app to a...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7