Amazon Instant Video app updated to support to iPhone and iPod touch
iPhone and iPod touch users now have yet another streaming video option. Amazon has updated its free Amazon Instant Video app to a universal version that supports Apple's smaller mobile devices, after originally releasing an iPad-only version in August.
The app retains all of its previous functionality on iPhone and iPod touch, including the ability to watch Amazon Prime videos in addition to those purchased or rented through Amazon's site. It's still not possible to purchase or rent content through the app itself, however.
The app still lacks AirPlay support for video and does not offer video out over 30-pin or Lightning connectors, both features users have been clamoring for. Playback is not available over 3G/4G or LTE connections (WiFi-only), but users can download videos for later viewing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options