Last.fm releases Scrobbler for iOS
The number of options for enjoying music on your iPhone or iPad is already somewhat absurd, but Last.fm wants to add one more to the list: Scrobbler. As TNW reports, Scrobbler works as a stand-in for the default Music app, but adds a few interesting features that the company hopes will set it apart.
Scrobbler can play all the music you currently own, including music stored on iCloud, and provide added tidbits like artist bios and tour dates. By "scrobbling" a track -- Last.fm's term for adding each track you play to your Last.fm profile -- the app can suggest similar music that you may enjoy, while also providing a link to purchase the content via iTunes.
Of course, while the music is the same price whether you find it through iTunes itself or Scrobbler, Last.fm will get a referral bonus when you purchase the content through Scrobbler.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options