Deepworld, You Don't Know Jack, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, and more available now
We're deep in the holiday season at this point, and right now that means dozens (if not more) of game developers out there are getting their best and brightest titles out onto the App Store, making sure they're all ready to download when the Christmas rush rolls around. Here's a look at some of the biggest new App Store releases today.
- Deepworld isn't brand new, but it is out for the iPad -- it's a great sandbox-style building game that we've been covering here at TUAW for quite a while. It's available as a free download right now.
- Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is a great music game that originally appeared on the 3DS, but has now brought its Final Fantasy-based music/RPG gameplay to iOS. It's available as a free download with two songs to play, though if you want more, you'll have to buy them with in-app purchases.
- You Don't Know Jack has been on iOS before, but today we've got a brand new (free!) version of the title that appears to be ported from the Facebook version. It features the same old quiz show gameplay, now with updates from your friends through the big blue social network.
- Fluxx is a really incredible card game, and it's now been ported over to iOS as well. You can buy the whole thing for $2.99.
- Mike Lee's new Lemurs Chemistry game is available for $1.99.
- SNK has released a port of the original Metal Slug as a $1.99 game.
- As expected, Disney's Monsters Inc. Run has appeared. It's a mashup of Mega Run and the great Pixar movie, available for 99 cents.
- Zooniverse is a brand new free-to-play zoo building game from Chillingo.
- This isn't a new app, but Finger Tied finally got its big level sharing update, so definitely download that and check it out. If you don't have it already, the app is 99 cents.
- And finally, for those of you who appreciate soccer/football and managing it, Football Manager Handheld 2013 was released by Sega. The game's $9.99, and... it looks complicated.
There you go! Stay tuned for full reviews and more insight on these apps and all of the others due out this holiday season here on the site.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates