Games top App Store revenue in 2012
Inside Mobile Apps looked at Apple's list of 2012's top apps and noticed that games dominate the numbers. The top iPhone paid app category, top iPhone grossing, top iPad paid and top iPad grossing are all games (Angry Birds Space, Kingdoms of Camelot: Battle for the North, Angry Birds Space HD and DragonVale, respectively).
Gaming titles held much more than the top spots in these categories. Eight of the top 10 iPhone apps are games, as are seven of the top 10 iPad apps.
iPhone: a mobile gaming device that just happens to make phone calls.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options