iPhone 5 goes on sale in China, 31 other countries
After months of exciting twists and turns of procedural regulatory examination, the iPhone 5 is now available for sale in China. It's important to remember that China is Apple's second biggest market (after the US, of course), and accounts for an ever-increasing percentage of Apple's revenue.
In addition to the huge market in China, Apple will be rolling out the iPhone 5 in over 30 more countries today and nearly two dozen more before the end of the year. This is the fastest global distribution for an iPhone yet, a testament to Apple's strong channel efforts and global appeal.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter