iPhone 5 goes on sale in China, 31 other countries
After months of exciting twists and turns of procedural regulatory examination, the iPhone 5 is now available for sale in China. It's important to remember that China is Apple's second biggest market (after the US, of course), and accounts for an ever-increasing percentage of Apple's revenue.
In addition to the huge market in China, Apple will be rolling out the iPhone 5 in over 30 more countries today and nearly two dozen more before the end of the year. This is the fastest global distribution for an iPhone yet, a testament to Apple's strong channel efforts and global appeal.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync