iPhone 5 goes on sale in China, 31 other countries
After months of exciting twists and turns of procedural regulatory examination, the iPhone 5 is now available for sale in China. It's important to remember that China is Apple's second biggest market (after the US, of course), and accounts for an ever-increasing percentage of Apple's revenue.
In addition to the huge market in China, Apple will be rolling out the iPhone 5 in over 30 more countries today and nearly two dozen more before the end of the year. This is the fastest global distribution for an iPhone yet, a testament to Apple's strong channel efforts and global appeal.
iPhone 5 now available for purchase in China
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free